Sunday, October 05, 2008

Chess Tempo

A friend of mine recently told me that he has been using Chess Tempo to improve his skills in chess tactics. He happened upon this site from one of the Google ads in my blog. As I have discussed recently, your performance in the middlegame can be considerably improved if you can recognize patterns intended to take advantage of your pieces or position. One of the ways to improve recognition of these patterns is to play snippets of chess games intended to highlight these situations. This is where the value of interactive chess tactics sites like Chess Tempo comes in. By being interactive, it allows the users to gain immediate feedback for their moves, as evaluated from a database of games that I doubt any single player could have on his own.

I have just signed up for an account in the site, but I am still getting a hang of it and frankly I cannot say how good it is as of now. Browsing through the FAQ page, it seems that this site has been influenced to an extent by Chess Tactics Server (which I will feature soon as well).

If you have been a regular user of the site or have been encouraged to sign up after reading this post, let me know what you think about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chessfriend!

You have a nice chessblog here! Congratulations!
I offering you a link exchange - if you accepting it.

My chessblog:
Chessgambiter
http://www.chessgambiter.blogspot.com/
Welcome to visit!

Your site - All about Chess - already listed on my blog as:
Chess sites I read...

Keep on the good work and looking forward for the link exchange on your site as well - if possible.

Thanks and regards,

Chessgambiter
Mail: chessbumbus@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

sounds reasonable

langhab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
langhab said...

whoa!

http://www.chessgambiteer.blogspot.com

is

an awesome blog!!!

very nice...

Torneos de Ajedrez Puerto Rico Informa said...

You have a nice chess blog here! Will you link to my chess blog in Spanish - Informador Ajedrez - Puerto Rico in exchange?

http://ajedrezpr.blogspot.com/

toguints said...

sure, a link exchange sounds nice. I will try to work on it within this weekend, since work is kinda busy right now.

Keep pushing those pieces!